For your teen, friends are the most important right now. It’s normal and don’t worry, you are still important to them but this is something they have to do in order to become healthy and independent adults.
But you are still the parent so:
1. Know who your kids friends are and who they are texting or face-timing
2. Know your teen's friends families
3. Remind them to be themselves when they are with their friends and to remember your family's values and rules
4. Have his or her friends over at your house
5. If he or she goes to a friend's house, make sure an adult is at home, get out of the car when you drop them off and say hello
Friends are important but you are too. Stay connected!